|Stephen first fell in love with the game of hockey when he attended his first NHL game and witnessed Wayne Gretzky score twice. I think the Los Angeles Kings lost that game to the St. Louis Blues, but we’re not worried about semantics. Thanks to a Disney movie and NHL 94 for the Super Nintendo, he pledged his allegiance to the then Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, and hasn’t looked back since (even though it’s been dicey and my choices are questionable at best at times). Aside from hockey, I’m also an avid baseball (the geographically confusing Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim) and football fan (Indianapolis Colts). I’ve been podcasting since 2005 and have been looking to talk hockey on a regular basis, so joining the Totally Offsides crew was a match made in some weird version of heaven. My hobbies include playing video games, divulging in Marvel and Star Wars lore, and travelling. The better looking Terror Twin.
- Favorite hockey memory: Watching the Mighty Ducks during their Stanley Cup run in 2003. It felt like they went to overtime every game, so I’d beg my parents to let me stay up past my bedtime in order to watch the game. It wasn’t an issue until the five-overtime game against the Dallas Stars. Also, the “Off the floor, off the board” moment by Paul Kariya still gives me chills to this day. 2007 was cool too, I guess.
- My goal song:“In Due Time” by Killswitch Engage.
- What I bring to my TO episodes: Hopefully entertainment, because I got shit-all past that. Maybe some Terror, depending on who my fellow co-host is.
- A hill I would die on: Pineapple deserves to be on pizza.
- A hockey personality I would like to have dinner with: Hilary Knight, mostly because she gave me a beer once at Honda Center that I confusedly refused so I want her to know it wasn’t personal.
- If I could be any food, what food would I be: Marshmallows. I don’t understand this question.
- I will never get over this player for leaving my favorite team: Andy McDonald. I finally was able to wear my Mighty Duck AndyMac jersey to a game for the first time in 2008, only to learn he had literally been traded that afternoon.
- If the Anaheim Ducks are gone, who do I root for now: The San Diego Gulls.
- Top item on my hockey bucket list-: To watch a game in every NHL arena (currently been to seven).